Can't really deduce where I'm heading........

I'm sitting on a plush sofa,in a visitor's lounge,where every bit of furniture and adornings available,scream out the very fact that it belonged to the corporate office of an IT giant .The glass door opened from outside and I turned around just in time to realize that my Dad's just joined me.Instead of taking his seat beside my own,he walks straight unto the receptionist (whom I'd not noticed until then)pointed out at me and proudly declare:
"This is my daughter and the jewel of my pride;She's gotten herself a great job at the Campus interview at her college,scored a great score at the Graduate Record Examination and so on....balah blah blah....."
I'm flushed with an unspeakable feeling on realizing how proud I've made my father and.........er,the scene changes.........
Ouch!That hurt!My mum had resorted to bodily lifting me off the bed and had shaken me enough until I'd opened my sleep sodden eyes...memories of my proud dad's declaration came rushing back only to push me to realize that it was all a dream.....Phew!
So,another day of doing absolutely nothing has arrived!
From now on,I'll do what I've been doing everyday (except when I'm out with friends/family)since July 24,2008:
Drink Coffee
Watch the TV
Eat my breakfast
Take a short nap
Wake up
Watch the TV
Eat my lunch
Take a short nap
Wake up
Chatting up blah blah with the 3year old twins downstairs
Watch TV
Eat my dinner
Retire for the night...unto acute browsing.....hooked unto the web,you know!!!
Ridiculous cycle,innit?
Not that I'm a good-for-nothing kinda dunce,just that I don't really have anything to do..
Most acquaintances have suggested that I learn cooking,but come on,cooking literally gets on my nerves..I feel at home at the dining table,not the kitchen!!
Computer courses,part time jobs and art classes?Totally out of question you know;I'd been there in hostel all through my 4 years of college (I was as thin as a fishbone then and the hostel food was a "no other go,you gotta gobble the lot" kind of food) and my mum feels that this is the best time for me to recharge my batteries with,hmmph,proper home cooked food that is healthy as well as delicious.How can I even dream of spending the hard earned energy on silly part time jobs and stuff?
All right then,why not try giving some competitive exam?Oh yeah,the GRE/TOEFL bug had bitten me as well and I'd given them right away..but a score of 1225/99 alone would not suffice in lending me wings......what else could one expect with relatives pouring in to congratulate you and proceeding to secretively drop a word or two regarding "The hazards of sending thy daughter alone to the US " in your mum's ears???Now my mum has literally vowed that she'd never let me go alone to the states!!(Hear,hear,Obama!!)
That has left me with just one last,inevitable choice...taking up my IT job that I'd secured through the "On campus placement ritual (Oh yeah,that part of the dream is true,'bout me having got placed and written my GRE).With positive anticipation,I've now developed a new thing for checking my mails very often and texting my buddies at the speed of lightning,to acquire new updates on who's been assigned to which training site of my company (yeah,my company!!!) from the pack of students who'd been chosen from my varsity...however,there has been no developments on my side,so far...the rest goes understood;after all,its the obvious...
Well,to sum it up all,here I am,freshly graduated,rightly nourished (thanks to my mum's cooking) and thoroughly well reasoned,sitting,on the verge of a form of insanity that would readily engulf only those who had nothing at all to do........(been recognising the signs already??hmmph..)Precisely speaking,I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE I'M HEADING!!!!

Comments

Nandha... said…
neeyum karuthu solla aarambichitiya????? ayyo ayyo!!!!!!
super sindhu....good start.....nalla ezhudiruka.....kalaku....
Unknown said…
hey sindhu cngrats da tat was awesome namma surya oda blogspot la poi cment kodutha kaalam poi unaku oru blog site create panita fantastic tis s wat transformation is !so keep going my shweet heart miles to go
Unknown said…
hey sindhu... tats a gr8 start...nice yaar..keep posting dear...
Shubham said…
sindh i admire ur writing like anything in this world..u just write superb...i am left with no words ,i dont know how to praise u dear...lovely article...i wonder how ideas come to ur mind..gwhy i am not like u:-(((((
Anusha Rajan said…
Nice blog... I can truly relate to ur feeling... good start..
Sindhu Sankar said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shiv said…
awesome start re !! was really cool n engagin !!
Unknown said…
Gee!! girlie didnt know you had this depth of boredom...well i know all about that particular aspect of ones post graduate life..been a part of it myself..
arun said…
k... my comment is different from the rest...cos...k.. i did expect some of it - the boredom stuff but i dint expect the rest.. (sindhu is all abt surprises huh? ;-))every1 who finished b.e. and waitin for their doj ll definitely accept wat u ve said (the very truth)... i dunno y but i expected some bio stuff in it ... like wanted to achieve in bio but ended up in an it job like any other.... blah blah...
anyways am lookin fa more blogs from u.
Frankly speaking when i read self mastery I thought u were going to express ur ideas or gonna write abt the philosophy u derived from days of being vetti ;-)
Unknown said…
hey sindhu.... u always expressed yourself better in words..... gr8 work ya... funny yet sublime.....
Kiran said…
hi sindhu long time since i have read something that was written by u... franky speaking what u have written is very good. and for the content i cannot comment on that because u are free to write about anything u want. but just one piece of advice. from your next post make sure u write them in paragraphs and reduce the length of the post. in fact you can write one one big post as two small post so that people will find it easy to read it and ll not get dumpstruck just by looking at the size of the post.. hope u have understood what i am trying to say.. keep writing i shall pop in later..
hey gethu kaamikura.. nadathu da.. go on :)

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Sleepless Mortal Mind.

To the flawed and the fabulous.