Vaaranam Aayiram



Everybody who's a good acquaintaince of mine has it written across their biological hard discs (yes people,I've finally joined TCS!) that I am a big time Suriya fan;and mind you,I'm an avid Gautam Menon fan too and this particular movie, Vaaranam Aayiram, which saw the coming together of the duo had kept me waiting for quite sometime..After the lukewarm response that I'd received from other friends who'd already seen the movie,I went in for it with a "clean slate" attitude and zero expectations n voila,what I saw was a movie that was definitely off the track of the Gautam genre of movies (save Minnale, and I liked that movie too) but definitely impressive in its own way.It comes under the "I-can-connect-to-it" kinda movie,you see..

Unless you come from a background that fosters the "put your intellect above emotional pangs!" idea,you will never really learn and discover 'who you think you are' and 'who you really are' by default..People like Gandhiji had this in-built system in them that cried a big "NO" to the little vices of life,but I belong to the other side,which is a far cry from that of saints n seers.The only way people like us (yes,I'm taking the liberty of assuming that we all go together) could really learn to tell the right stuff from the wrong is through personal experiences,failures and shattered expectations.Now don't you think that I'm taking a negative tone,I am no pessimist and let me reveal the secret that some of the best moments of motivation had come to me during the worst times of my life..it was during moments of ridicule that I had nursed my first urge to prove myself;it was when I faced my first big failure in life that I realized how strong I could be.It were those moments that fuelled the urge to figure out the real "me".Like Aurobindo said,I reminesce those moments in silent salutation that reflects: "..oh misfortune,how grateful I am to you..for it was through you that I saw the face of God.."

..and that's precisely why I really lived through VA,for the movie propogates my personal agenda on life, "When you are at the rock bottom of soul and spirit,there's no other way but up!"..simple,yet such a clear,refreshing wisdom that keeps you going!Well,whatever happens,life has to go on!!

That's my stand on VA (to be specific,the second half of the movie,where he goes soul-searching n stuff).I liked the movie not only for Suriya or Gautam;it was the sublime message that the movie drives that had me impressed..after seeing VA,I've made up my mind that if I ever do get myself into a movie-making venture,I should come up with something that people could really empathize with and connect to;just the way Gautam Menon did.
After all,what really matters in life is to reach out and bring about the right kind of change,if you can,in your own small way.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey sindu..more than the movie i loved the way u had penned about it!u r a great intellect man!keep up the good work!!
T was Boring Sindhu....
Did u pen tis down....dont think so!!!!
Sindhu can do much much better than tis....
Unknown said…
very intellectuall...yup..me 2 little bored..but i really appreciate the hard work gone into it...can c from the words and phrases u used...great job sindhu!!!cheers!! surya...
Unknown said…
sindhu i m word struck da tat was brilliant i couldnt find words to describe keep going
Yuva said…
Good one! U really seem to have different taste in movies
Unknown said…
You Know gal!!
You could be a movie critic i mean no one would have seen a movie with such a depth

Hats Off! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Sleepless Mortal Mind.

20 years of Alaipayuthey, it is!